Ok, so I am about to root my Desire 510 32bit (first time doing anything on Android!) and everywhere I see it noted to make a backup of everything before I start the process. I did a backup using the HTC Sync Manager....is that all I need to do before I start the process of rooting:confused: I am planning on doing this using the WinDroid Toolkit as it appears the easiest for a n00b like myself to use.
My next question is in regards to removing the bloatware....I've read all the threads and seem REALLY confused as to what method will work the best. I see links to use this or that kernel, but they all appear to have some sort of issues, and I'm really happy with how the phone works with the exception of the bloatware so I'd probably like to keep the stock kernel.
So What I am trying to do is as follows: Backup > Root > Flash kernel > remove bloat and install link2sd > Go back to stock kernel (unless one available has NO issues) > be done.
Is that possible?
Am I going down the right path?
Which kernel should I use?
Thanks for the input, and keep in mind I am a TOTAL n00b....
My next question is in regards to removing the bloatware....I've read all the threads and seem REALLY confused as to what method will work the best. I see links to use this or that kernel, but they all appear to have some sort of issues, and I'm really happy with how the phone works with the exception of the bloatware so I'd probably like to keep the stock kernel.
So What I am trying to do is as follows: Backup > Root > Flash kernel > remove bloat and install link2sd > Go back to stock kernel (unless one available has NO issues) > be done.
Is that possible?
Am I going down the right path?
Which kernel should I use?
Thanks for the input, and keep in mind I am a TOTAL n00b....
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire