ads

dimanche 27 septembre 2015

Safe to continue?? or start again? please help (5.1.1 -> 4.4 -> 5.1.1 pre-rooted)



This is driving me nuts... I was on 5.1.1 and I am trying to get it rooted.
I'm following a guide which goes like this..
1. downgrade to kitkat 4.4 using flashtool
2. root 4.4
3. Install custom recovery
4. Flash 5.1.1 pre-rooted zip

I have had problem after problem and I think something may have screwed up along the way.

I finally managed to get kitkat installed using flashtool and a generic C6903 .108 ftf.

Problem 1... I used 'Easy Root tool' from xda to root kitkat... but it seemed to hang at the cleaning up' stage - is this a problem?

Problem 2... every time I restart my phone - kitkat asks what language etc. Whats that all about?

PROBLEM 3. The guide Im following says to install busybox after rooting kitkat.
I've tried 2 different busybox installers and both of them fail when trying to install bb.

QUESTION: Are these 3 problems linked and will it prevent me from continuing with the guide I am trying to follow??? i.e. do I need busybox to install XZ Dual Recovery and therefore a pre-rooted zip?

Root Checker basic says kitkat is rooted, as does the first busybox installer.

I'm taking a short break from this nightmare, so in the meentime if any of you chaps could advise me on whether or not its ok to continue or if I have fecked up the whole process, that would be great.

Thanks in advance



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire