Having been used to owning Nexus devices for a while, I missed the Google Dialer that was with it. With the Moto X Pure Edition, I noticed that the Google Dialer was not included, but instead, uses a basic Dialer app.
Luckily enough, after almost a week of testing, I pulled and deodexed a copy of the Google Dialer from the factory image of the Nexus 6 (5.1.1 LMY48M as of this post) and installed it to my Pure.
Incoming and outgoing calls, searching contacts and places, settings, and Google's Caller ID works perfectly.
Finally, to cure my weird OCD of completeness, I've replaced the basic Contacts app with Google's version. I did not see any real differences between the two. But again, my OCD.
To install:
You must have root and custom recovery on your Moto X Pure Edition
- MAKE A NANDROID of the "System" partition (you can skip this IF you know exactly what you're doing and know how to revert.)
- Using a file manager or TWRP (with "System" enabled under the "Mount" menu), in /system/priv-app look for folders named "Dialer" and "Contacts."
- You have three options here:
- Flash "signed_google_dialer_contacts_installer.zip" in recovery and reboot.
- Enjoy.
Screenshots of Google Dialer running on the Moto X Pure Edition (Google Contacts not shown due to personal reasons)
Luckily enough, after almost a week of testing, I pulled and deodexed a copy of the Google Dialer from the factory image of the Nexus 6 (5.1.1 LMY48M as of this post) and installed it to my Pure.
Incoming and outgoing calls, searching contacts and places, settings, and Google's Caller ID works perfectly.
Finally, to cure my weird OCD of completeness, I've replaced the basic Contacts app with Google's version. I did not see any real differences between the two. But again, my OCD.
To install:
You must have root and custom recovery on your Moto X Pure Edition
- MAKE A NANDROID of the "System" partition (you can skip this IF you know exactly what you're doing and know how to revert.)
- Using a file manager or TWRP (with "System" enabled under the "Mount" menu), in /system/priv-app look for folders named "Dialer" and "Contacts."
- You have three options here:
- You can delete the "Dialer" and "Contacts" folders.
- You can rename "Dialer.apk" inside of the folder to something like "Dialer.bak." Repeat for the Contacts app.
- Or you can leave those folders alone and have two Dialer apps and two Contacts apps show up in your launcher.
- Flash "signed_google_dialer_contacts_installer.zip" in recovery and reboot.
- Enjoy.
Screenshots of Google Dialer running on the Moto X Pure Edition (Google Contacts not shown due to personal reasons)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire