Hi,
I'm running currently running SlimRom 4.4.4 on my phone and want to change carrier from Rogers to {cheaper}.
I've found various unlock instruction for free but everytime I tried them I get errors when it starts USSD. With a bit of digging around I found that they probably only work on stock roms from Samsung. With the newer CRTC ruling Rogers is also required to unlock my phone if I ask them to, but I'm sure they won't have a clue and won't assist me with a custom rom on.
I've found the latest stock rom from Rogers (RWC-I747MVLUFOB1-20150310141610) which is 4.4.2 and was going to flash that using Odin, but then... I found warning about potentially bricking your phone by doing downgrade of Android (from major revision to another).
Is that mostly a problem going from 5.x to 4.x or do I need to take extra precaution to not brick my phone? I'm assuming that the modem and everything stock is in the base rom and I won't have issues afterward?
Appreciate the help!
I'm running currently running SlimRom 4.4.4 on my phone and want to change carrier from Rogers to {cheaper}.
I've found various unlock instruction for free but everytime I tried them I get errors when it starts USSD. With a bit of digging around I found that they probably only work on stock roms from Samsung. With the newer CRTC ruling Rogers is also required to unlock my phone if I ask them to, but I'm sure they won't have a clue and won't assist me with a custom rom on.
I've found the latest stock rom from Rogers (RWC-I747MVLUFOB1-20150310141610) which is 4.4.2 and was going to flash that using Odin, but then... I found warning about potentially bricking your phone by doing downgrade of Android (from major revision to another).
Is that mostly a problem going from 5.x to 4.x or do I need to take extra precaution to not brick my phone? I'm assuming that the modem and everything stock is in the base rom and I won't have issues afterward?
Appreciate the help!
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire